Posting online profile photos can feel agonizing, specifically for women and most especially for women dating after 40. Writing a profile and filling out questionnaires can be a challenge, however the posting pictures part may be the hardest part for many.
It's correct that you're putting yourself too much there and a lot of men are going to look at you. And we've all heard about men being very visual, so it makes some sense that you’re concerned you may be rejected for the looks.
If you’re a woman using online dating, and you’re having that fear of “rejection by photo,” OR if this is something which is keeping you from going on the internet, this short article should assuage your photo fear.
I’m likely to provide you with some truths about what most males are looking for inside your profile photos and provide you with do’s and don’ts that will help you have fun and end up getting some great shots of your gorgeous self.
Contrary to most beliefs, attracting men – especially men that are dating after 40, 50 and beyond – isn't all about how young or skinny you are. Mature men who want connection and relationship are taking a look at your profile photos for details about you.
Your profile photo tell men a tale. He's looking and thinking: Does she look open, friendly, healthy, confident? Does she look nice, interesting, fun?
There are millions of real men online who are searching for a real woman.
Your pictures provide a sense of whether you would be someone they might prefer to meet. And there are all kinds of men that are attracted to all sorts of women. This is especially true in men dating later.
Here's another thing: Both women and men post profile photos which are outdated, have them hiding behind sunglasses or are extremely dark to really see. Women, in particular, post photos that do not show their bodies.
When you hide or don't tell some story of what you are, men are going to pass. And if you post old pics, they will feel duped once they setup a meeting.
There's no reason to publish a profile photo individuals whenever you were 20 pounds lighter or Two decades younger. Just DON'T.
This is part of mature dating. You want to MEET these men, right? Well if your pictures are misleading you’re surely likely to be met with resentment.
Stop fretting about the way your body examines how old you are and don't forget: you’re not 30 and you’re not designed to seem like you’re 30. Men appreciate REAL women and need to see that inside your photos, so don't try to hide yourself.
Your internet dating profile and your photos are the initial impressions you will make. When you proudly show who you are and express it in a way that men appreciate, the best men will be attracted.
So, how can you look your better and tell an optimistic, authentic story to the men you need to meet?
Follow these profile photo do's and don'ts as well as your pictures will attract the best men:
PROFILE PHOTO DO'S
- Try to have fun when you are taking your pictures. Bring a friend who can help bring out your personality and make you laugh.
- Show various attire; casual, dressy and pants and dresses.
- Post at least one headshot and something full shot; both clear with good light.
- Have shots that show your bright, sincere smile.
- Have open body language.
- Post a mix of shots: varied expressions, a headshot, full shot and a shot or two or three individuals doing a bit of activity that you enjoy.
- Show photos individuals alone or just with people in the backdrop.
- Get a great night's sleep prior to taking your pictures.
- Do your nails.
- Wear clothes that fit your body and make you feel good.
- Wear color, although not wild prints.
- Apply your makeup in sun light.
- Wear relatively light lipstick, shine is nice.
- If possible get your photos taken with a professional.
- Have fun and remember this is going to make you love.
PROFILE PHOTO DON’TS
- Wear an all-black costume in additional than one photo.
- Post selfies.
- Post glamor-type shots or photos that are too suggestive or revealing.
- Wear an excessive amount of makeup.
- Wear dark, mat lipstick.
- Post photos with the family or children.
- Show yourself with similar expression in most photos.
- Have more than 6 or so pictures.
- Have only headshots.
- Show yourself with other people – especially other women!
- Put up any bad photos
- Ignore the importance of posting good pictures.
Honestly, women are much more critical of the appearance than men. Males are trying decide whether they might like you; not whether you appear just like a fashion model.
So just relax, sister. Get someone to take some great profile photos individuals, or better yet, possess a professional take your pictures. Then proudly place yourself out there…since you are a beautiful woman!
Here is a suggestion for an organization that are experts in taking online dating profile photos:
Online Profile Pros For any nice discount, enter code BOBBI10.
There are other firms that focus on profile photos, so feel free to google away!
** In full disclosure, I'm a joint venture partner of Online Profile Pros so if you choose to hire them, I do get a small commission.